You Are Reading

Uniform _ 2nd Placement _ Week 1 Work Diary

As the work I created at Uniform is pretty confidential relating to external clients, I'm not really allowed to post any images or work that I did create whilst I was there. Instead I'm including a couple of images from my instagram which helps give a taster, then describing some of the work that I worked on whilst on this placement.






It's Liverpool 

It's Liverpool is the brand of the city of Liverpool. I was asked to work on some concepts to re-invent the brand that will be applied across the whole city. In the image above you can see some of my concept work, I thought about the idea of creating shapes that would be brought together to form the 'L' of the Liverpool. I also had the idea of creating a window out of the shape of the 'L'. This could then be interacted with, with photographic imagery, colours, illustrations, making it a truly versatile brandmark...







Ceri Hand Gallery

I also worked on creating some custom press invites for an Art Gallery who are based in London called Ceri Hand Gallery. This was a more straight forward brief, as Uniform had previously created the identity for the gallery, it was a case of following the brand guidelines to create an invite for the latest exhibition. I also picked up some skills here because I had to work with a real client in order to tweak the design. And although it was only an invitation, it was the first brief that Uniform let me take control of on my own with no help from any of the other senior designers which was pretty good! 





Comments for this entry

Leave your comment

 

Copyright 2010. All rights reserved.

RSS Feed. This blog is proudly powered by Blogger and uses Modern Clix, a theme by Rodrigo Galindez. Modern Clix blogger template by Introblogger.