You Are Reading

Personal Branding _ Website



You can visit my live website by clicking the link below
to get a better idea of how it works









Homepage

To fit in with the feel of my branding, I needed my website to reflect the brand. I'm currently using cargo to run my website on, which I have slightly edited the HTML to suit my needs. I just wanted somewhere that would display my work in a simple clean way, much like my physical portfolio will be doing. Just like the printed material, the 'Lane' logo sits in the top left hand corner of the screen, and this stays static consistently. 










Navigation


The links sit down the left hand side of the page and just like the logo, never change. The space to the right of these is an open space which contains body copy, links and images depending on what I need to display across the website. You can see on the drawn on grid above how this works. 











Project Pages

Each project has an individual page and link which sits down the left hand side of the webpage. When you click onto a specific project, a black box appear over that to let the user know they are on that page. As for the project itself, there is a brief description of the project above the images, then the user can simply scroll down to reveal the images related to that project. The links and logo stay static, so when they reach the bottom of the page, they can click back on another project, or scroll back up the same project, or shortcut back to the homepage by clicking the logo. You can see how this works in a gif below....







 Moving Gif

This moving gif helps give you an idea of how the website looks, but you 
can also visit it live by clicking here :-  samlanedesign.co.uk





Comments for this entry

Leave your comment

 

Copyright 2010. All rights reserved.

RSS Feed. This blog is proudly powered by Blogger and uses Modern Clix, a theme by Rodrigo Galindez. Modern Clix blogger template by Introblogger.