You Are Reading

OUGD402 // Speaking From Experience // Hot-Dog Booklets

I quickly moved on to laying out my content and illustrations into my hot-dog booklet template which I created...


This was my basic template which i mapped out using guide lines. I split the A3 page into 8 equal sections and included 2mm gutter and bleed lines. each section will be a page of my booklet. I included lines for the text to sit on a bigger space for my illustration to go into...


Once i started to bring the content in, it made more sense. The first two boxes (top left) are the front and back cover and the rest are all the inside pages...



Close up of the text. I wanted to keep this really simple and easy to read. I used Helvetica and also a nice little divider line to break the title from the illustration and body copy. 


I decided to stick with the simple logo for the front cover. The band-aid illustration is quite quirky but also simple and clean so works well with the rest of the design. 

I added the tagline to the back page of the booklets.

'First Year First Aid. Created by Design Students for Design Students.'

For the reverse side, i wanted to use all the same imagery but generated into a poster for the new students to decorate their prison looking flats with and to also refer back to. This will help solve the problem of them throwing it straight away. 





I created these wallpaper like patterns to make up the majority of the patterns. It looks pretty contemporary as a design itself and also added the logo i used on the front of the booklets to go in the centre of the posters...














Comments for this entry

Leave your comment

 

Copyright 2010. All rights reserved.

RSS Feed. This blog is proudly powered by Blogger and uses Modern Clix, a theme by Rodrigo Galindez. Modern Clix blogger template by Introblogger.